Ty175 Sammy Miller One Piece Tank Seat Unit

ty_ezra

hi i am fairly new owner of a ty175 with a sammy miller one piece tank seat unit. i need to replace my coil and to do so i need to remove the tank the only problem is i do not know how to, please can any one tell me, any help is greatly appreciated.

The TY175 one piece seat is only connected by the internal tank rubbers that fit on the inside of the unit and then slot into their receiving cups at the front of the frame behind the headstock. The Ty250 unit has a bolt that fits directly in front of the seat pad whereas the Ty175 does not as the seat pad comes further forward and fits up to the edge of the tank. Most people drill some small holes in the rear fibreglass and use cable ties to secure the unit to the rear frame rails. Check to see if this has been done and if so snip them undone. disconnect the fuel pipe and then gentle lift the rear of the unit. If the "saddle rubber" is still fitted there may be a little resistance, check by looking underneath just infront of the rear down tube, it is black and about 1.5 inches thick. Raise the rear of the unit about 20-30 degrees and then slide backwards towards the rear mudguard.

Tony

Just to confirm what scorpa250 mentioned mine has the 6mm bolt under the mudguard that goes into the tank/seat unit. I did think it was standard but perhaps not. Just remove bolt, pull up the seat and then pull the whole thing back off the rubber mounts.As mentioned remove fuel pipe first.

Edited by Andy.T