Alloy Fuel Tank

pat

Hi,

Fuel cap

Have seen several pics of beautiful slim ally fuel tanks on P65 bikes, they all seems to have "KTM-like" fuel caps; does anyone of you know if "ready to weld on" ally tubes with threads are available?

Or if machining threads by lathe is the only way?

Cut loose a plastic cap tube from an MX fuel tank, and fastend/seal it from the inside before the ally parts are welded together, might be possible? :thumbup:

Airbox

Are any of you using 4-s airbox from Sammy Miller, eg for Cub or B15?

If yes, whats your opinion about performance verses KN-like filters, that offering a hard time jetting because of non defined air volume...

Regards, Pat

I've just made an alloy tank for my Ty175 / Xt 225 Yamaha project,have a look on the Yam forum for the link to the Photobucket thing to see some pics of it. The cap is a Mocal weld on alloy one that is supposed to be for an oil tank on a dry sumped car.It came from Merlin Motor sport as a plain cap and was taller,so I turned it down a bit and tapped a 6mm hole for the breather pipe.The breather fitting is an LPG injector for a Rover V8.There must be an easier way or better place to buy caps from,but it was all local and easy for me.

I've used the small oil tank filler caps/neck from here

http://www.fullborerace.com/fuelcaps_filler_bungs.html

on my KT250 tank. Race car places are good spots to find those, and someplace that caters to homebult aircraft is another good place to check.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/fuel_caps.html

cheers,

Michael

Thanks a lot Jon, Michael and big! :thumbup:

Cheers, Pat

give me a ring on 01296712510 and I will send you a weld on one to fit the small Acerbis type cap for a small donation to Alexz's funds