Keihin Carb

pistonbroke

My sons 290 cabby has a problem of flooding it's keihin carb through the overflow. Apparently these carbs have a problem doing this so i've changed the spring loaded needle valve without any success .So my question is this ,can anybody tell me the settings for the floats,where it is measured from and please, if possible, with pictures or a link to a website that does have pictures ? ( Other than that this bike is awesome ! )

Thanks In Anticipation

Phil

keihins and okos are a problem here. float height is 19,5 mm. Some bikes on this setting will starve fuel when hitting a step at 19 or 18,5 mm (float heigt not step height ,-). google the keihin website to see how to set. mine leaks on the sidestand at 19,5mm but not when riding

HTH

lee

hey

tnx for the replay!

my carb only leaks now and then mostly it works great, just sometimes the fuel streams out of the overflow pipe and then it stops again for some time

i gues its a sticky needle or something like that (floats rubbing agains something?)

regards bob