Star Attraction

Reading the Manzano retirement story, and posts from a thank you letter on todo trial one which I took a small quote from [Q]"As they say that way, also they left Joan Pons, Cobos , Alcaraz, and now until they speak of which Jarvis will not be next year in world-wide!!!!! [Q]

Could be time to have one qualifier in Spain open to any rider, then the top three places could then go on to contest the world championship over a few rounds and locations which they choose, Fuji, Doug, Adam, then could save everyone else a lot of wasted time manpower and $$$$$, this would allow the rest of the world to get on and ride trials.

The world trials championship circus is one step away "if that" from F1 biggest check book wins deal.

Yes the top stars are brilliant to watch and so good at their trade, but if they are that bloody good they still should have no problems beating the rest on a stock bike, no minder, full no stop trial with sensible sections that another 50 or 60 riders throughout the world could compete on.

Of course if you ask the top riders and teams what do they think about a comment like this! the answer would be he's full off it!! but my motives for saying this are not $$$$$$$$ and if in their shoes of course would agree with them, But I'm not.

I have watched the FIM over the years bend over backwards to try and meet changes and address problems that crop up year after year has the section get bigger and the bikes get better.

Well after all this time and changes the end result is less riders, less new bikes sold and less spectators. is this what you call progress ?

Ishy you have once again "Hit the nail on the head" - It won't be long before there are only 6-8 riders competing at World Rounds - Why would small factories want to spend mega-bucks sending a team to places like Japan and the States, when the market for their product is going down?

The ONLY way for the sport to gain numbers again, is by having sensible events that are enjoyable for the whole family. You only have to think back to the Scottish change around when they went back to "No Stop" - At the time it was said that they may have to discontinue it because of lack of entries. - At least they got that one right. - They say Trials is a "Thinking man's sport" - In my book it's about time the Powers that be started to do just that, instead of concentrating on the almighty dollar.

Not read the 'full' write up about 'Pep' but i must admit that i was somewhat suprised to read of his retirement, at what 18 or something??

But as you both mention and im not sure on the state of motorsport in the US , but on tv seems to be ok , but our MAJOR motorsports events in Europe seem to be going the same way.

Obviously F1 seems to be teetering on the edge of a sharp downhill slope due to extreme high costs and only a handfull of rich and powerfull teams.

WRC (of which i have always been a fan) seems now to be about 30 cars[at best] , due again to the richest few , entries not too many years ago were around about 100+ for an event. So again the spectacle for the observer gets less and less and even though rallying is one of my favourite sports , my interest has seriously waned.

The basis of bringing these motorsports to the public seems to involve big bussiness and corporate B*****ks. Now im very small fry as im sure most of us are , but they are targeting men in suits. Where are they when they get their free boxes?? Not at the events that is for sure.

So the hardcore 'working class' fans are priced out and yet in the next breath are bemoaned about the fact that they dont turn up to support the last remaining super heroes!!

As above , put all the WTC riders in the SSDT and i bet Andy's money that not one could ride the event clean!! No daft sections just lots of good quality stuff and an tester or too and plenty of road miles under their belt and as used to be good enough for the best in the world xx amount of years ago a winner would be found.

And all specletaters would go happy knowing that the best in the world had ben tested over sections that they could have ridden , but extratced a few of the worlds best.

1st rule of all if you want to spice up and sell a product , at least make it watchable to the people who know and those that have just found it and go wow.

Right thats me for now :D