Scottish Pre-65

highland lassie

• 1 month later...

The Leven Centre in Kinlochleven have organised a Family Ceilidh with Ballochmyle Ceilidh Band for the local community and any trials competitors and visitors who wish to attend.

Altogether now "Step we gaily, on we go..." ;)

...and one assumes you'll be there with Ciona showing her what the Scottish used to be like before she see's what a current den of debauchery it's become.... ;)

She was off like a rat up a drainpipe with my old Canon 10D yesterday at Kinlochleven and had a blast. Must admit this is pretty bloody good for a total newbie to DSLR's & Trials in general. Shame I only have one flashgun or it might have made the DL G2F Press release... :o

post-20-1237841881.jpg

She was off like a rat up a drainpipe with my old Canon 10D yesterday at Kinlochleven and had a blast. Must admit this is pretty bloody good for a total newbie to DSLR's & Trials in general. Shame I only have one flashgun or it might have made the DL G2F Press release... ;)

post-20-1237841881.jpg

Ain't bad at all.....agree about the flash gun.

• 4 weeks later...

April's press release from the P65 committee :

Pre-65 Scottish Trial Secretary, Anne Gordon, says that the number of reserve riders drafted into the trial after withdrawals has increased to 7 which is lucky for some and with only a week to go hopes may be fading for the other reserve riders. If any rider finds they are unable to compete, please get in touch with the Secretary as soon as possible so that riders on the reserve list can get the opportunity to ride even at this late stage and you are reminded that you cannot organise a substitute rider yourself.

The official programme has an increased number of pages this year to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the trial but the price remains at

Edited by Highland Lassie

April's press release from the P65 committee :

NO MINDERS OR UNAUTHORISED BIKES on the course.

These people jeopardise the future of this event because without the goodwill of the landowners there will be no trial to come and enjoy. We would like to wish all competitors good luck for the event and let

Hi Gizzas: I understand you talk about the SSDT not the Pre-65 when talking about that incident with a Spanish "follower" last year.

We know about the problem in the past years, specially 2007, and the Pre-65 Commettee has informed us and asked for our cooperation for the 2008 and 2009 editions. I can assure you that the 15 Spanish pilots with an entry this 2009 are perfectly informed about this problem, and the 2 vans going to Kinlochleven from Spain for the Pre-65 (Sotobike Motoclub and Motocat Club vans) will NOT carry any bike for a follower. That also happened in the 2008 edition.

There where a couple of press bikes (one of them a 4RT) following the event, but FULLY AUTHORISED, insurred, licenced and SIGNED IN, to make Todotrial report ( http://www.todotrial.com/ttclasico/indexttclasico-total.htm THEN GO TO "Zona 2 - Competicion" and then to "Scottish 2 Days Pre-65") and reports for a couple of Spanish magazines.

This 2 AUTHORISED"pilots had the commitment to paying special attention in the Pre-65 route to report of any Spanish unauthorised rider following with a bike.

I can assure you last 2008 there where no Spanish followers with bikes in the Pre-65 route, and there will not be in the 2009, and if they are, we the 15 Spanish pilots will be the first to reproach their attitude and report about them.

The SSDT is a different story.....

Hi Gizzas: I understand you talk about the SSDT not the Pre-65 when talking about that incident with a Spanish "follower" last year.

We know about the problem in the past years, specially 2007, and the Pre-65 Commettee has informed us and asked for our cooperation for the 2008 and 2009 editions. I can assure you that the 15 Spanish pilots with an entry this 2009 are perfectly informed about this problem, and the 2 vans going to Kinlochleven from Spain for the Pre-65 (Sotobike Motoclub and Motocat Club vans) will NOT carry any bike for a follower. That also happened in the 2008 edition.

There where a couple of press bikes (one of them a 4RT) following the event, but FULLY AUTHORISED, insurred, licenced and SIGNED IN, to make Todotrial report ( http://www.todotrial.com/ttclasico/indexttclasico-total.htm THEN GO TO "Zona 2 - Competicion" and then to "Scottish 2 Days Pre-65") and reports for a couple of Spanish magazines.

This 2 AUTHORISED"pilots had the commitment to paying special attention in the Pre-65 route to report of any Spanish unauthorised rider following with a bike.

I can assure you last 2008 there where no Spanish followers with bikes in the Pre-65 route, and there will not be in the 2009, and if they are, we the 15 Spanish pilots will be the first to reproach their attitude and report about them.

The SSDT is a different story.....

.....and I'll have my wee camera on the furthest out places just catch any bugger that tries....I WILL PUT THEM ON HERE...name and shame