g520

Hi all

The front brake on my ’06 SY 250 is weak. The brake lever feels firm, there is no air in the system.

I suspect the brake pads have been contaminated with fork oil since the left fork had a small leak when I got the bike.

Yesterday I did take the brake pads out, cleaned them with solvent and then re-surfaced them using sandpaper. That did not help.

Any tips what to do next? The brake pads had a ‘GG’ in the product number, is the front brake the same in Scorpa and GASGAS? Is there a known problem with the front brake of the SY250? If so, how can I fix it?

Edited by G520

Pads are never as good once contaminated with fluid,try some new ones.BVM[google it]are very helpful,also ensure all the pistons in the caliper move.Clean the disc up with brake cleaner first.Rare for an 06 bike to have a poor brake if everythings right,doubt theres anything serios wrong,good luck

Thanks.

The disk is fine, it is not damaged. I am hoping the pads are junk, but will check the pistons in the caliper. Also clean the disk.

Any advice regarding which pads to buy? I am not worried about feel and modulation at this point, just want the pads that will give me the strongest brakes

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped by the local GasGas dealership today. The front brake pads are not the same in the newer GasGas bikes and the Scorpa SY250.

Will the (front brake) pads from a Sherco fit?