Hello All From Pennsylvania

cfraser

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Forums and I'm returning to trials after a very long break! I'm now 48 yrs old and have not been back on a trials bike, until recently, since 1976 when I enjoyed riding a Montesa 348. I rode flat track (short track) here in the states for a few years before moving over to Motocross and Trail Riding and then along came the children. When they started riding Motocross through out their youth, it kept me quite busy keeping up with them and their bikes. I kept riding trails through the backwoods during this time but I missed my first love,,,,TRIALS. I guess they say you are never to old to relive your past and chase your first passion...I guess that's why I'm here. Call it a mid-life crisis or what you will but I'm really excited and ready for some fun again. I'm sure I will have a million questions and if everyone will be so kind as to help me along, I will be forever greatful.

I wish everyone all the best,

Carl

Carl: I have been away from motorcyles for more than 34 years.....my last race was on a new Ossa GPII somewhere around 1978. I bought a used trials bike last year and loved it......I sold it and just took delivery of my new Sherco 3.2 a few weeks ago. Makes me sorry I gave up riding when I moved to Cincinnati to go to college......I really have a lot of catching up to do.

I am really enjoying riding again......although the spring rains are making it difficult to get any riding done.

Dave

Thanks guys for responding, I'm looking forward to this and I'm quite excided yet nervous as well, lol. Hey Cope, I'm sure they will scare me to death, lol. I've watched some of these boys in action up here and they AMAZE me to know end! The obstacles they encounter and the sections they clean. I'm about 10 miles from Candytown and watched the vintage Mid Atlantic Vintage folks event a couple of weeks ago. All I can say is WOW!

Dixie, after watching that event, I sure do wish I still had the Monty, however I doubt I could even get close to cleaning a single section of the 4 line. I'm going to try and see where this takes me.

Hey banjo, I used to live in Cinci back in the late 80's and early 90's, I was still riding an early/mid 80's Maico back then, lol. It's funny that you mentioned the Ossa, I always wanted a Gripper back in those days but ended up getting married and raising kids. I hope you like the Sherco and I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am. Don't ever regret school as I will never regret getting married, lol. Which school did you attend?. I ended up getting a sweet 2002 2.9 a few months ago and the addiction began. I'm now getting all of my friends hooked on trials and selling the 02' to a friend and I just picked up a used 06' Cabby. We are setting up our own sections between the 3 of us and trying to get used to the bikes and this whole balance thing. If you would see us TRY to do anything at this point, you would laugh until you cried.....ALL help is apprieciated! The only traing we have at this point is RY's first training video and just what we have read, lol.

Thanks again and all the best!

Carl

I cannot recall how those clubs overlap up there, but there are a number of riders, some may be near you. You just gotta get out a bit and ride with them, find some buddies, they will help you along.

Trials is fun and challenging, relax and have fun, don't push it! Just ride and practice, the rocks always win! :thumbup:

Edited by copemech

• 2 weeks later...