Beta 4t

feetup

Does anybody know anything about if or when beta might release a four stroke to the public? I suppose a broader question is, what is the status of the law-suit that had been supposedly filed by gas-gas/beta with the FIM? The crux of that suit pertained to the fact that the bike manufacturers (particularly gg & beta) were angry that the FIM is dictating techology requirements, rather than emissions requirements. One or both have supposedly produced 2T motors that meet or exceed the emissions standards set for the four stroke machines. A lot would hinge on the results of the law-suit as to weather or not we will see 4T machines from these manufacturers in the near term, long term (like 2008), or never.

if what you say is true about the law suit i'm surprised. gg already have the technology to produce a high quality 4-stroke engine, so why as you say have they decided to challenge the FIM - strange. if gg produced a 4-stroke motor to fit in the pro frame.... wow gimme, gimme i'll buy one.

beta.... errr.... not sure what they have in the way of 4-stroke tech.... umm...do the produce a machine called an alp? that's a 4-stroke and arn't they in someway linked to suzuki - might be wrong, but if i'm not then a drz motor in a rev3???.... wow gimme, gimme i'll buy one.

:D

I too am very intrigued and would be excited to see them build one. One thing is very interesting... since I posted this topic about 30 minutes ago, there have been 30 views... that's 1 per minute... I wonder what that implies... :D

I wonder what that implies... :D

everyone thought you were going to reveal a picture of it.... :hl:

Beta also now produce enduro bikes using the KTM range of 4T motors. How about a Rev 3 with a 525 EXC motor. That would really level rock steps :D

Yeah, you're probably right.. that would have been exciting to post the 1st picture of the next generation of beta trials bike that will succeed the rev-3! Not likely to come from me though :D

a 525 rev-3? Well, such a machine would aptly be capable of changing the rotation of the earth if it gets enough traction... Not sure that they need to use a ktm engine.... I would figure they would base the engine on their own design used in their enduro model(s). See the url below

beta rr enduro 250/400

I was fortunate to visit the Beta factory back in August and it was clear they have close ties with KTM. KTM supply engines for Beta enduros and I think (if memory serves me right) Beta also assemble some of the smaller KTM 2t machines.

As far as developing a 4t goes they weren't giving anything away!

I can imagine that for a relatively small company such a development is a major expense and that is probably why they have objected.

They had already suffered last year from the beurocrats as they had not homologated their 125 (new EC laws) and consequently missed out on sales in certain markets where homologation has been adopted.

Unfortunately for small companies like Beta such changes can really challenge their resources.

One thing which suprised me was how strong their scooter sales are as you dont see many here. I think they account for c. 50% of their output (trials 25%, other 25%) - again from memory.

Honda wrote the book on the four stroke and I rode the XR600 for years then KTM brought in the monster replacement and the second I rode it I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

Now it looks as though, true to form, Honda has written the book on the four stroke trials bike and if Beta/KTM come out with one I'll have to take out a second on my house immediately. I can see the list price already at $10k and yes, it will rotate the earth.

I can already see Martin praying for this scenario to come true. :banana: