Insurance

tombo46

Can anyone reccomend some good insurance company's that will allow me to insure my bike on a frame number temporarily whilst I get the registration sorted with the DVLA?

Ive had some really good quotes but when I ask if they will insure it on the frame number they say "yes, but your premium might go up a little bit", A little bit is more like triple what my original quote was for a week of being insured without a reg plate......

another alternative I thought of which is a bit naughty.....

would it be possible to take out insurance at silly money, then cancel it during the 14 day "cooling off" period under some sort of condition like " I didnt realise i wasnt insured for competition use" etc.

then once I have my registration, insure it like any normal bike.

Any advice much appreciated.

All the best

Tom

carole nash gave me a quote but it was fairly high, might end up having to go with them anyway =(

only need the bike for hospital, I only have a van for the road and I cant get within walking distance to the hospital so im driving most of the way and doing the last 5 mins on the bike, plus I get free and easy parking! I need to go 3 times a week for the next 10 weeks so its going to be a pain without the bike!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Bennetts insured my unregistered Rev3 3rd party fire&theft with just a frame number. Once I'd registered it I just called back up and gave them the reg number. No charge for updating the details and they sent through the new paperwork the next day.