Rear Brake On Not? You Tube Vid!

just been watchin a you tube vid, I have been tryin to do this on my bike on a smaller rock but am i doin it right?

When i get the back wheels up on the roc is there any rear brae involved?

I play about doin trials on my pushbike and of corse i would have to use the brake!

Thanks

there two ways to do it that i use. the first is to hold the clutch and throttle so it keeps the bike in that position and doesnt bring the front down or the other is to like you say hold the back break. the back brake method would be better as it will keep your front up longer and hold it up aslong as u lean back enough other wise it will go down fast! and also when you drop off you need to apply throttle so that you land back wheel first

there two ways to do it that i use. the first is to hold the clutch and throttle so it keeps the bike in that position and doesnt bring the front down or the other is to like you say hold the back break. the back brake method would be better as it will keep your front up longer and hold it up aslong as u lean back enough other wise it will go down fast! and also when you drop off you need to apply throttle so that you land back wheel first

I thought i would need the back brake, i find it hard to use rear brake when doin it tho :moon:

I thought i would need the back brake, i find it hard to use rear brake when doin it tho :moon:

depends entirely on how steep the front wheel is! if its gone past the point of no return and you have a little bit of forward momentum, a bit of rear brake should bring it back to earth. but most of the time I find I dont need the rear brake. just good throttle and clutch control at the top. if you are looking to get some real rear wheel height your front wheel has to be fairly low and you need to use tonnes of body and a few revs to get it to fly high. this is usually when you would need the rear brake.

practice doing rolling "jap-zap's" (as ryan young would say) and grab your rear brake at the top. once that becomes more natural it shouldnt be a problem.

All the best

Tom

depends entirely on how steep the front wheel is! if its gone past the point of no return and you have a little bit of forward momentum, a bit of rear brake should bring it back to earth. but most of the time I find I dont need the rear brake. just good throttle and clutch control at the top. if you are looking to get some real rear wheel height your front wheel has to be fairly low and you need to use tonnes of body and a few revs to get it to fly high. this is usually when you would need the rear brake.

practice doing rolling "jap-zap's" (as ryan young would say) and grab your rear brake at the top. once that becomes more natural it shouldnt be a problem.

All the best

Tom

This would basically be doin a bunni hop?!? Ill give it a go tomo!

Cheers

If you really want to learn it, put a kickr rock a couple feet out to help your rear get some height.

The front never touches it mind you, lift the front, punch the rock, pop the clutch and let the kicker help the rear up!

iF DONE CORRECTLY, YOU CAN GET THE REAR HIGHER THAN THE FRONT AND DO A "NOSIE " OFF THE ROCK!

Try that Tombo! :moon:

If you really want to learn it, put a kickr rock a couple feet out to help your rear get some height.

The front never touches it mind you, lift the front, punch the rock, pop the clutch and let the kicker help the rear up!

iF DONE CORRECTLY, YOU CAN GET THE REAR HIGHER THAN THE FRONT AND DO A "NOSIE " OFF THE ROCK!

Good advice, ill give it a shot next time im out!

feels and looks great when its done right, becomes painful very quickly if the front is too low......

Tom