Ty Feelig Sluggish

skippy1234

Hi skippy, I had a few ty mono's back in the early days & a few had the symptons your describing.The problem was the middle box of the exhaust was really bunged up,which was not allowing the gases to flow correctly thus making it feel slugish & restricted.The only way you can sort this is by taking the exhaust off & cutting a section off metal away & cleaning & then re-packing the middle box. Hope this helps. P.S Try starting the bike with the exhaust off & see if it revs any cleaner.

Hi Skippy.

Having just joined the forum and owning a TY250 that I've not yet ridden, for the right reason I'm interested in your problem.

I've just cleaned the silencer out and have got to get some new wadding-presumably the mid box can become blocked up as well.

Have you managed to resolve the sluggishness?

Hopefully and I'd be interested in how you got on.

Kind regards, Simon.

Hi Skippy, it sounds exactly like mine used to be like. Turned out mine was the main jet being really old and it was worn out, so I replaced it with another 140 (but new), and it runs excellent now.

Keep an eye on the spark plug, the centre should be really clean on these if it's running right, if not it'll looks black and coated with either oil or soot.

My brothers bike is terrible, we went through the whole bike and put new crank seals in, repacked the exaust (front pipe and silencer), tried different main jets etc and it's still not right.