Pre-65 Trials Getting Started

danparsell

Hi,

I want to join the great and the good in pre-65 trials, but I need some help!

Firstly, is there a club to join in the Sussex / South East, that people recommend?

Secondly, what are the normal license requirements?

Thirdly, what sort of bike would people recommend for a novice? I'm thinking a Greeves, Tiger cub, C15T or Bantam would be sensible, but do they need to be modified extensively to be competitive? I'm also drawn to somethink a bit more thumping like a BSA B31, a B33, or an Ariel.... but are they just too heavy?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

bike choice for p65 is highly individual and you need to ask yourself some questions first.

will you be riding to take part or to be competative? competative would require a cub, james, ariel, or triumph twin.

will you want RTR or build your own. build your own is NEVER cheaper. building a bike from bits is long and never cheap. RTR is never quite that but for an additioanl 100- 500 a bike can be traillable and reliable.

do you want to ride or 'develop' 'engineer' a bike? rideable bikes are bantams and other simple 2t more obscure makes engine combinations will require 'engineering'

as for licences oop north most clubs are amca and in 15 years ive not had a licence only for the few acu modern trials i ride.