Is There A Trial In North London Herts Suitable Fo Me To Ride My Little D1 Bantam Plunger?

jimmydestroyer

Hi vereyone - i have inherited my dads d1 bantam trials bike and after a couple of months work have just got it running for 1st time in 20 years this week - id love to ride it in a gentle trial + wondered if theres anything suitable this year in nth london herts / beds area or futher afield..

any ideas greatly appreciated :-)

Cheers!!!

A good gentle run out would be the AMCA Mortimer Classics Club 'fun' trials which are held each month. The sections are marked out in such a way (entry sign, go more or less where you like and an exit sign) that you can make them as easy or hard as you like. Groups tend to go around together and set a course and compete against eachother.

Trials are at Amys Copse which is close to Reading and thus close to the M4. Parking is easy and trial sections are around perimeter of Classic Scramble track. Lots of steep hills in woods, a stream section and muddy slopes and traverses at south end. Enter on day.

Amys Copse is Bennets Hill, Sheffield Bottom, near Theale/Reading

lots of twinshocks, pre65 and rigids turn up.

Look on AMCA page of TMX for next August date.

Edited by bultaco49

• 4 months later...

Hello all

this is my second post on the forum and I've dropped into this one as it has a similar vein.

I am looking at putting two pre65 bikes together over the winter and spring months for my son (aged 27) and i (aged 49) to follow our passion for all things two wheels. Chosen mounts

Draws breath... a brace of tiger cub plunger models ........ I'm not surehow these would do but the other use for these is gentle lanes (if I can keep them in big ends and cranks). We are not looking to be hugely competitive but wish to occasionally get out between the canes. I would be grateful for a few experienced opinions on how viable this suggestion is.

If you reply telling me not a snowballs chance in hell of getting round the sections, thats fine I know that maybe building as lanes bikes is a better step forward than in the direction of a competition bike.

Why Plunger Cub.. I have spent the summer building one just for the road to nip to the shops and that kind of thing. My research has bought to my attention the Jim Alves bikes and the thought is growing to reality to reproduce theses examples.

Am I mad or just a dreamer? :blink:

best wishes Plunger