3 Trial Vintage Gate Series

amiller

We have been doing an end of the year Vintage gate trial for about 5 seasons now in Watkins Glenn NY and the people that come just love it.

We have been concidering trying to make a 3 part series out of it. There would be a Spring, Summer, and Fall event, with awards and ranking for season end. Classes will be only by bikes year.

The top 3 overall finishers this season were

3rd Chris Arnold 86 ty 350

2nd Bill Caron Rigid frame Grapevine

1st Aaron Miller 74 ty 175

Any bikes with drum brakes and air cooled are welcomed. The trials will be held in upstate NY and Northern PA. If anyone might be interested in giving this a try let me know. Right now we get about 30 riders but would be looking to get around 50 for a series.

Aaron

Edited by AMiller

Aaron - Glad you guys are having fun with the old bikes - We promote a Vintage Series in Western Canada. - You may also like to know that your

TY 175 will be a 1975 model as they were not released until '75. - I worked for Yamaha Canada at that time and got the first one in the Country. - I now ride a TY 175 in the Classic Series - I have done quite a few changes to it, & have lots of fun - However I still say that the best part about riding a Vintage bike on the Saturday, is knowing that you will be riding a modern bike on the Sunday. Cheers Outlaw Dave Vernon BC. Canada.

Hey Aarron:

I agree with Outlaw Dave about the old bikes being a lot of fun to ride! As much as I love riding my GG, I really enjoy my 240 Fantic a lot! I have been experimenting at our club trials with riding harder class sections on it! The next event I am going to try and ride Sportsman on it ( one below expert here), It really is challenging and harder, but the bike is very capable for sure! Good luck with your series!

Cheers, Steve ;)

Edited by Steve Fracy

Hey Guys,

I have no idea right now who is in and who is out but we are going to do the series this season.

Spring event will be late April or early May at my place in Corning NY.

Summer event will be in Western NY, no specific site yet.

Fall event will be at Watkins Glenn.

We hope to have all the info together for early in 05. Tell a friend, bring a buddy!!

Aaron