Electronic Ignition For Ty80 ?

turps

Does anyone know if it is possible to use an electronic ignition from an RD80 or similar on a TY. If the flywheel fits the crank what all would need to be put on the bike to make it work, i.e. the CDI unit. I would want to run it without a battery so is there any way this would be feasable, I just thought that it would be a bit more reliable than points. Thanks for any advice you may be able to give me.

Ok, I'll stick my neck out here and say I dont think its worth bothering on a TY 80,the points,condensors etc available from places like JK Hirst seem to be really good quality.The 80 I built for my son starts first kick, even when left for ages and it goes almost too well.

Its a bit different on say a TY175 or 250 where more top end poke would help,(esp with a slightly porky rider like me ! ) which can come from the electronic advance in the modern systems.

Making sure all the connections are good,new ponts,condensor and some attention to waterproofing should be good enough.