Suzuki Ts 185

belldane

This is my second posting on the above bike and although not trials related, the answers I received last time were helpful. Since then my grandson has been asking when the bike will be ready for him to ride! It goes at the moment but I need to fit the kill switch and I am not perfectly sure how to wire it. All the bikes I own run on points and the Suzuki has CDI. With points it is not a problem to rig up a switch because there is only one wire going to the coil. On the Suzuki there are two wires into the coil from the CDI. One is black with a white strip, the other white with a blue strip. I could try cutting either of the wires and fitting the switch but I am concerned that if I fit it to the wrong one I may damage the CDI. There are no lights or battery on the bike and everything has been bypassed from the magneto to CDI and coil. Any ideas much appreciated

Hi,

I'm sure your question will be answered here (sorry I can't help) but you might try the Horizons Unlimited forum for this and other questions on the TS185 as I believe a few two wheeled travellers use this robust machine for their travels.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...