Small Van To Fit Two Trials Bikes In

jakentrials

hi, all just wondering if anyone has pictures of 2 bikes in a vauxhall combo so i can see that they fit in otherwise can any 1 tell me what small van will fit 2 trials bikes in. The engine needs to be small so i get insured as i am going to be a new driver on the road. i ahev been looking at 1.6 citeron dispatches new shape but just 2 expensive also i do want the van to be a fairly new shape well over the year 2000 if you get what i mean ta but if you know any other makes will small engines please post thanks a lot

save the money unless you need a van for work, a small car with trailer will be more effective( the trailer you should get for less than 200 and it will keep its money, the tow bar should be 200/ 250)

two bikes will just fit in a combo but its coomfy.

i should think a van would be dearer to insure than a car ( my 06 traffic is 268 fully comp for the year, my octavia estate 08 is 210)

Better still go for a car without a trailer, this allows use of the 60 mph limit everywhere - the likes of a Berlingo will take two bikes no bother. I've seen three in a Kangoo though admittedly one of them was an 80.

The insurance angle is interesting. Eons ago I looked at getting a van but my insurance people were immediately suspicious, and that is the only word for it. Why did I want a van? What was it to be used for? I didn't mention the housebreaking but carrying trials bikes was even worse than that in their eyes. The argument was that I might be carrying a professional rider and incur liability for loss of earnings in the event of a crash.

My counter argument that such professionals as there were at the time all lived hundreds of miles away and would not even know me carried no weight. They didn't have an answer though when I pointed out they had been perfectly happy for a couple of decades to cover me towing a three bike trailer and, by inference, possibly have two professional riders with me.

I have a Kangoo which we easily fit a Beta Rev270 in at the same time as a Rev50 and a 20" trials pushbike, as well as tools, kit bag etc. The Kangoo also has better ground clearence than the Combi and others - a must for some of the off road parking that we endure.

Watch out for the dreaded "Road Tax" man on Vans - once registered commercial they stay that way for life !! and it's a good bit more than you pay on a car.

Cheers - Tolly.