Acu Grading System?

the addict

ACU SYSTEM = oxymoron. Most centres have a system and most ctrs have a different system albeit generally small differences. I've been a ctre recorder for several years (passed it on now thank goodness) and it is a thankless task. If you go into europe they seem to have similar systems by country and most riders know where they should be entering wherever they go. As you say it is very hard to know what class you should be entering when riding out of centre which can be frustrating for local riders whom you may be thrashing or you find yourself headbanging if you have entered onto too hard a route. When I was younger and more capable it was an easier choice because it was only one route wherever you went. Now 'I'm less able I generally choose easier route and ask to ride on a no award basis. The only thing you can do nowadays is to ride out of centre and use the experience to measure your riding ability against thier sytem. Not really much help but then not having a national (or even notional) system isn't very helpfull eiher. One thing I would say is that if one (or even the ACU) wanted to introduce a system it would have to stand apart from local ctrs customs and practices and then you'd have to find somebody to implement it and hope that the cntrs would eventually alighn thier practices (systems) . Having read that back perhaps it's the Union bit of Auto Cycle Union thats an oxymoron. Ah well tea's ready