Can I Get A Trials Bike In Back Of An Audi A4 Avant?

pauldalgarno

what you are suggesting is a major bad head, you will ruin the back of the car lifting it in and out, not to mention the leaks as you mention.a trials bike isnt heavy but its not so easy to man handle with the wheels out,which would be the absolute minimum to get it in the car. i'd say shop around for a towbar fittter (500 seems steep), then get a bike rack for it. or, as has been suggested, get along to a local club, meet a few folk and i bet a lift will be forthcoming for your first few events. as for a trainer - get on youtube (monkey see monkey do) and get practising, make your own mistakes first - but overall time on the bike is what you need most at the outset. you will learn loads from others at trials. good luck

It'd be the quickest way to put you off riding and it'd ruin the car.

I'd have no hesitation in going to buy / collect a clean bike the way you suggest, probably remove the front wheel and rear mudguard, push it in on the back wheel and skid plate, chock it up and tie the tailgate down onto the handlebars.

But not going to and from events, a dirty bike is hard to dismantle and hard to handle in big pieces in a confined space when you're knackered.

If money's really tight, buy a second hand tow bar, there's loads around on ebay or there's a big dismantlers in Aberdeen I've used mail order a couple of times, think they're called Overton Garage, and watch this site for second hand bike racks

Audi avant estate ? quick answer yes - i've got one

i put protection on the bumper and leave the rear wheel hanging out then strap the boot lid to the front wheel - the tie down hoops in the boot hold it in place

bit of a bind htough i'd fork out and get a towbar and rack

tony