Yz Clutchcase On Ty

ducman

Hi Ducman,

It may well work, there was a rider at this years Don Smith memorial trial with a Majesty 200 that had a clutch cover with no area for an oil pump. It looked very smart and trick! Unfortunately I did not have a chance to talk to the owner. See if you can check the clutch cover gasket and clutch drum part numbers of both bikes. If they match your in.

I know that this case trick works on the Kawasaki KT, using the early KX400 clutch cover.

Regards

Hi Ducman,

Got the same idea when I did saw pics of nice all black TY125, 175? chrome stickers.

Nice YZ pics here: http://yz125x.blogspot.com/

I have started a slomo rebuild of a 175 (4 barrel studs 1975?)

Mapping now all OEM part no..before research for improved replacement parts.. :ph34r:

It might be so that Wis do not offer dyke styles, not that importartant for trials even though std at moderns.

BR, Pat

Edited by Pat

Yes, YZ125 and IT175 clutch covers from C to F model at least and maybe later fit perfectly on TY175 bottom ends

Sorry I don't know if there are any 250 or open class MX, YZ or IT (premix type) clutch covers that fit the TY250 bottom end. I suspect the TY250 bottom end is most similar to the trail/MX motors made from 1968 to 1973 and the production motors of that era had oil pumps.

First thank's everybody for that quick repley.So i can have a look for yz 125 Clutchcovers.For the 250 we have to see.@monoped:Well,the thing with the parts numbers on Yam's is not that easy then on Kawa's.The truble with the Yam parts numbers is that if it is the same spare part for a othe bike,they will also have a differnet parts number.I can not understnd that system.So for example,if i go to the local Yam dealer and wanted to order clutch plates for a TY 250 the Computer says no.If i want to order the plates for a XJ 550 road bike,the computer says yes.Same part and cheaper price,but different number.So sometimes it is good to know that they put the same parts in other bikes.

Chrs:Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I used to put a YZ125 Clutch Cover on my TY175 and went straight on. The Oil dipstick would no longer work as it went in directly over the clutch. I used to cut the dipstick blade off.

If anyone is after a copy of the TY175 Workshop manual click here.