Hello From Nottingham

andrewb

Hi and a Happy New Year to all. Virtual drinks on me as the Newbie. Been riding trials competions for about 9 years on a 2001 Gas Gas 249. I then had the bright idea of a project bike so I've just got my hands on a Montesa Cota 349. Needs plenty of TLC but seems to be complete. I would like to get it back to 'as new' condition but unsure at the moment whether this is going to be possible without enlisting the help of the bank manager. The idea is to compete on it eventually.

Hi andrewb, Happy New Year. Just returned to trialscentral myself after a couple of years sabbatical. I have a old twin shock Montesa myself, a Cota 200 from 1982, wasn't realy interested in buying another old bike after all the money i had thrown at other projects (Armstong 320, Armstong Mono 240, Honda RTL etc etc), but saw the 200 on ebay in good original unabused condition, which was identical to the bike i started on before i had discovered slow-peds, and, it's now sitting in my shed waiting ?

Regards

GaffaMont.

Thanks for the welcome GaffaMont.

I started out at 14 on a Montesa 123. It broke after 4 days. That's when the spending started. I rebuilt, refurbished and learned on that bike but sold it after 10 years or so. Then did a 1976 Bultaco Sherpa 250. It was a real basket case literally in boxes and draws. Eventually got it finished, had a ride around on it and just didn't get on with it so went modern. I'm not sure at the moment whether this 349 will be a bit of a handfull in the sections but I'll give it a go. I got the Mont off fleabay just before Christmas so it's early days yet. At the moment the only part I can see that's missing is the head steady, other than that it's complete. Just needs ripping down completely and rebuilding.

Thanks again

Andrew