Beamish Rl325 Alloy Tank

ben_r

Hi Guys,

My Dad has his new toy - a nice 1981 RL325 Beamish. It currently runs an RL250 tank, and while it looks nice, its just not right. Is there anyone out there who has or makes the larger RL3235 Alloy tank.

cheers,

Ben

Hello Ben, there is no difference between the RL250 tankd and the RL325 tank, the differences were between the years. In 1981 both models had the same tank. In 1978 when the RL325 first hit the scene it had a steel tank. In 1979 when the RL250N was launched, it also had a steel tank whereas the RL325 had the alloy tank. from late 1979 tanks for both models remained the same until the end of production, the only different tank available was the Scottish Six Day tank. If you send me photos of your dad's tank to jim@beamishownersclub.com I will tell you if it is the right tank or just the wrong paint job / decals.

Cheers,

Hi Jim,

Thanks to your site we figured it out. His Beamish is a 78/79 (has the rear frame loop), and it currently has the steel tank, so it is correct. He does like the look of the alloy tank, so we will keep a look out for tone of them too. I attached some photos too, but for what ever reason, the last person put 250cc decals on it too.

beamish001.jpg

beamish002.jpg

beamish003.jpg

Cheers,

Ben