Concentric Carb For Tiger Cub

twinshock

HI

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE MODEL NUMBER AND JET SIZES THAT I WOULD NEED TO FIT AN AMAL MK 1 CONCENTRIC TO MY 64 SQUARE BARREL CUB AND ALSO WHERE I COULD BUY ONE FROM TO GET SHIPPED OUT TO AUSTRALIA.

WE RIDE IN TEMPERATURES OF ANYTHING FROM 20 C TO 35 C DURING OUR SEASON WHICH IS JUST STARTING IN FEB BUT I NEED A STARTING POINT ON JET SIZES.

ANYONE HELP PLEASE

CHEERS

TWINSHOCK

Thanks Vinnied

Yes Martyn is over here living in Adelaide and he called me yesterday, Told me that the Concentric is not the best carby for the Cub but i'm trying to get it back to within the regulations over here and I need a Mk 1 fitted. Anyway Martyn gave me some details and all I have to do now is buy a carb at a decent price.

Cheers

Twinshock

Edited by Slapshot 3

Thanks Fella's especially Charlie

I have sourced a carb through Burlens and it should be on its way down under in a few days.

If any of you guys want to know whats going on in the trials scene in Australia either have a look at www.trials.com.au or drop me an email at twinshock@aapt.net.au

Thanks again

Twinshock

aka

Roger Galpin (ex Midland centre, migrated in 1980}

• 2 months later...

Well my Concentric arrived and was duly fitted to my trusty square barrelled 64 side points Cub and thats when the problems started !!!!!!

To be exact I cannot get it to respond to lifting the front wheel to get up a steep creek bank or up a good rock step and the only way it happens is to have the engine running pretty fast as I approach.

As we all know we are usually turning up our own exhaust pipe before we hit the big step and need an instant response from the throttle to get the front up but it won't happen.

I am running a 624 to match my 15/16th head and its fitted with a 100 main jet, 106 needle jet, 25 bushed pilot and a 3.5 slide. Air cleaners good and the timing's right (Boyer Bransden), I have a spare 110 main and a spare 105 needle jet.

Everywhere else it performs pretty good but this lack of initial response means the Keihin will go back on if I can't fix it.

I know some guys will say "I told you so" but it must be able to perform better than it is now.

Come on you, Cub guys over there, whats the go, I know heaps of you have sorted this problem out but as you might not want to put your solutions out in a public domain would you prefer to contact me on my private email, twinshock@aapt.net.au.

Thanks fella's

Roger Galpin (AKA Twinshock)