Metal Plating Advice + Wheel Spacer Advice.

gasgas249uk

Im in the middle of a restoration and have 2 questions that i need help with please.

I want to plate alloy. I want a bright / chrome like / polished plating. Whats the brightest and blingest that is available to average Jo?

I need steel tubing , 200mm long / inner 17mm / outer diameter 20mm. This is for internal hub wheel spacers. I'll need to machine a step in them to slip inside the bearings.Im sure you guys will have come across the type before.

Where can i get this tubing from - any recommendations ?

Alloy can be chrome plated, but it's frought with problems especially when castings are involved.

Polshed and clear anodising can look good too, but again material spec is important for consistant results.

For the spacers and just two off? just use 20mm solid and bore through. 200mm is no big deal done from each end. Where "down south" are you? I got meters and meters of 20mm dia en1a, you can have a couple cut pieces foc if you want to come get it or pay postage!

Wayne....