Conducted Trial Aimed At Osets, Auto's And Ty80's

Now that the ACU are issuing licences to 4 year olds on electric trials bikes, I was wondering what sort of take up I would have if I staged an event aimed at these riders.

Would anyone be interested in a trial in the Costwold/Evesham area where the entries were restricted to Conducted riders on Osets, Auto 50's and TY80's?

It would probably be on a Saturday, have eight sections each with two routes. Begginer and Experienced.

Each section would be ridden three times by each rider before moving on to the next section. At the end of the trial, the first three in each class would be awarded a trophy.

I would only charge the bare minimum to cover costs; permit, land hire and insurance. Probably about

Not sure what the take up would be exactly.

Have you considered running it as a normal trial. With another 10 sections laid out in a safe area, maybe fenced off with temporary fencing from the rest of the trial.

Covered by the same permit, no need for extra catering, same land. Means the kids can feel as if they're actually riding a 'proper' trial.

More attractive for families, as the rider in the family can ride the trial, the child can ride the trial. And the wife can sit and read a book with a nice cup of coffee or something whilst keeping an eye over there child. Maybe if there's enough of a turnout, the non riding member of the family can observe on the childs sections.

Maybe emphasise the child friendly part when advertising.

Not sure what the take up would be exactly.

Have you considered running it as a normal trial. With another 10 sections laid out in a safe area, maybe fenced off with temporary fencing from the rest of the trial.

Covered by the same permit, no need for extra catering, same land. Means the kids can feel as if they're actually riding a 'proper' trial.

More attractive for families, as the rider in the family can ride the trial, the child can ride the trial. And the wife can sit and read a book with a nice cup of coffee or something whilst keeping an eye over there child. Maybe if there's enough of a turnout, the non riding member of the family can observe on the childs sections.

Maybe emphasise the child friendly part when advertising.

If there is no interest in a seperate conducted event, then I will do exactly as you suggest.

We run a number of club trials where I could and probably will add a conducted route, however I was thinking it may be nice to offer an event just for the really little ones, with just a few family members riding around in the back ground rather than 60 or 70 other competitors.

A gentle introduction followed by as much practice as they wish for a relatively low entry fee.

Ahh yes - I see where you're coming from. Could always do the smaller event, ran alongside a larger event to begin with, just to see how many people actually have these bikes? Just use it as a basic way to see how much interest there may be, and you would lose no money if there was a small turnout as you still have the income from the larger event.

Enough of a turnout, then go ahead and run the smaller events for children.

That way, you're financially covered to an extent.

I would be interested if it was going to be run over a week-end with the kids being able to ride on both the Saturday and Sunday.

We live quite some distance away so would want to make it a mini breake away with the bikes week-end.

If you decide to go ahead please post up the details as both my lads would be up for it.

I would be happy to do this if there were half a dozen riders who wanted a two day meeting.

I'd simply set out the Conducted course the day before a normal Sunday club trial and allow the Conducted riders to enter both days. No problem.

To do this I need a minimum of ten riders to commit in advance.

Pete

Ok, this is the very provisional plan.

Two day meeting on 19th and 20th June, Venue on the Cotswold Hills somewhere near Stratford/Evesham. Six to eight sections, each with two routes to be ridden three times on a conducted basis.

Satruday pm class E and D Conducted only on a pre enter basis. (I need to know that someone is actually coming prior to the day).

Sunday am normal club trial for Adults and Youth A.B.C.D and E as part of the club championship, plus a new set of seperate conducted sections.

The Saturday event will be for Conducted riders ONLY, an easy introduction to the new class. It will be suitable for the very youngest riders without the distraction of riders on larger machines.

I will post further details nearer the event but would be very interested in hearing from people who might like to attend this event.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

My son's E class permit came through today.

To be honest I'm not sure he's going to enter any events until he's 5. I don't think he'll have the consentration (or ability) to finish a small wheels trial in my area for another year.

The good news about having the E permit is, we can now sign on at an event and follow the trial fully insured.

Pete, good luck with your event.