Interesting Pre- 1965 Bultaco Sherpa

sturbridge

Good Day Gentlemen,

After reading the post in regards to the pre-65 Model 10, I thought I'd share this with you all.

I found this early Bultaco local to me this morning. It looks like a Sherpa N. It has all original hardware and fittings except for the throttle, fenders and silencer. The front fender is actually a piece of all that is left of the original (I can tell by the fibreglass type) but reversed and a rubber flap added.

What I find really interesting is that the frame serial number stamped under the seat behind the tank and is a very early Sherpa S frame - B-300087. That is a low number frame, has to be 1961ish.

It seems to have all Sherpa N components except for the wheels and frame which are Sherpa S. The seat pan is Bultaco and not an adapted piece (the cover has probably been replaced)

You don't often see these around.

http://webpages.charter.net/cemoto/ebay/IMG_3258aa.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/cemoto/ebay/IMG_3269aa.jpg

Whats the engine no ? a very early sherpa s should have a sand cast motor with no bultaco emblems in the engine covers ,exhaust looks to be sherpa s as well, rear wheel was common across the range and is the 2 piece type,i can send you a pic of a very early sherpa n ,i think it was serial no 38 or near which was for sale at the auto retro show last year pk@frontera.f9.co.uk