Bultaco Is It Worth Braking Or Renivating To Sell

millerme

bought a bultaco 325 cc 1976 model few months ago as i have always had a modern bike always fancy a twinshock now i have one. I done a lot of thinking over the last few weeks as i beeen staring to renivate the bike about selling it on to get another gasgas/beta. As a keen watcher on ebay i see that some of the bultos are not making a lot of money when you can just jump on and trial the bike is it worth me doing the bike up or just selling it as parts. I have stripped the bike of paint both tank and frame ready to paint so the bike is just parts now so would be easy to sell on if i decide to sell on as parts. The bike has matching frame and engine numbers also road reg and i have the V5C and has a nice chrome full exhaust system and immaculate forks. so if any members on TC have any advice for me on this subject let me know what you think the best thing i should do as i want to get back on to a modern bike (sorry if i upset any bultaco owner about wanting to get back on a modern bike it just my personal preference)

I agree with Wayne...

However alot of factors enter in to the situation :

how much you paid for the bike

how much you need to get to break even if selling

do you want to take the time to part it out?

what is the market value in your area as to how much you

can reasonably expect to get for it in the condition it is in??

I know some people look at Ebay and see the prices people are wanting

for certain machines and think that is what they are worth. Not always a

realistic idea.

The bike will only be original once in it's life so to keep it that way as

long as possible is important imo.

Sam

yes mate i sold it to john collins motorcycles south wales i was happy to sell to him as i know he will keep the engine and frame together and do the the bike up and sell it on to someone who love s bultos and keep the bike in top form. It would have been a shame to sell on as parts as its all been together since the day it was made so i think it should all stay together the day when it dies