Alpina Mud Guard Bracket

mcman56

I have a set of 1971 Alpina forks on a C15. The forks came with no mud guard or mud guard brackets. I have seen a few pictures of Alipnas with high MX style mud guards but I want to run low ..trials, standard type plastic mud guards. What can I use for brackets? Where can I get them? Should I just make some U shaped Aluminium bends or would something stiff... more like a brace/ bracket be desirable? Thanks!!

If you have used the same fork tube spacing on your C15 as on the Alpina, then a low mount made for Sherpa Ts should fit.

Yes, some Alpinas came with high mounted guards, but the sliders are the same casting as Sherpa T sliders.

Alpina forks are leading axle and have mudguard mount ears front and back of each side as on Sherpa T forks.

Question #2

What type of brake cable do these use? There is a tab with small hole on the backing plate that looks like the inner cable would go through. But... the lever that activates the shoes looks like it takes a barrel type end. The barrel would never fit through the little hole so I mudt be missing something.