You Make The Call

Check out the time frame between 1 minute 1 second and 1 minute 4 seconds.

Watch closely as the minder clearly grabs Bou's front forks and then Bou dabs and the minder quickly pulls away. Then try to watch the observer score the thing. Watch as his hand is closed, then slowly opens to what looks like a five, then quickly just holds up one finger. What do you think Bou actually score on his card? You make the call.

Bou dabs twice. Since the minder was falling and grabbed on the side opposite the observer he probably didn't have a clear view so couldn't call it for sure. Not really sure if the minder helped or got in the way. That's one of those calls that no matter how good the observer it's damn near impossible to be certain and doubt goes to the rider.

As much as I would like to give the benefit to the rider - these guys cheat if not watched like a hawk. (minders especially). I wonder if/when trials will have video review....

Most definaely a FIVE!!

The minder definately helped him up too. You can see the observer realising that it is infact Toni Bou and he shouldn't 5 him cos he is a fellow spaniard so instead just lets him away with a one!

Cheating ********!!!

Most definaely a FIVE!!

The minder definately helped him up too. You can see the observer realising that it is infact Toni Bou and he shouldn't 5 him cos he is a fellow spaniard so instead just lets him away with a one!

Cheating ********!!!

Strong words calling someone a cheat. Cheating requires intent.

It is clear to see that the minder was surprised by Bou. He lost his balance and his tool belt. He grasped at the bike but it is hard to see if it helped Bou or not. It all happens in the blink of an eye. I am with Dan Williams on this one: the benefit of the doubt goes to the rider.

Or the observer made a great call. He saw the minder touch the bike but judged it to be unimportant.

Edited by for artie

Heh heh even with the benefit of video which we've all watched several times there isn't agreement. How's the poor checker going to be certain seeing it one time from a bad angle. I've seen blatant bad calls before but this isn't one of them.