Classic Pre 65 And Twinshocks In The South West

old trials fanatic

Theres a chance that i may be in the position to relocate down to the South Hams area around Totnes Devon, that should cheer up a LOT of people here in the East Midlands Centre :thumbup: and i was just wondering what the Trials scene is like down there.

I only ride Pre65 and Twinshocks so am really only concerned about the amount and frequency of events and how far what sort of Trials type of terrain etc.

Coming from Derbyshire i have been spoilt all my riding life as most events are within an hours drive approx 30 miles and i could ride every weekend if i wanted but choose just to ride twice a month.

So if anybody lives down there in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset who could give me the lowdown it might just tip the scales, assuming a couple of projects sell, and make me hopefully take the plunge.

Bit far south from me,but there are quite a few trials going on down there in sunny Devon - I'd just move there anyway cos its such a nice place.Thinking about clubs between here and South Hams there are Bath Classic,(Which I have to encourage you to ride in as I'm now the club trials sec.) Blackmore vale,Yeo Vale MCC,Somerton Classic,Somerton DMCC,Exmoor MC,West of England MC,Taunton MCC,Mortonhampstead & DMC and the SWCTA who run the Dartmoor 2 day and the Exmoor 3 day.These are just the ones I could think of,I'm sure there are more if you head towards Cornwall.

Some of these are more than 30 miles - esp Bath ! But it will give you an idea,and probably a few years worth of new venues too.

Nice choice OTF,Totnes is a nice small Vibrant Devonshire Town.

If you want to stick to your twice monthly p65/TS ride's i think you will need to cross counties,Somerset/Cornwall and of course in Devon,Maybe stick another hour on top of your usual travel time.

Theres some road based trials for the p65/TS bike and some evening Trials in the summer,your love it.

If you want to mix it with the moderns then you could ride every weekend and within an hour of travel distance from Totnes.

Will just have to keep me fingers crossed that the houses sell for a decent amount and then i can make the move. I really love the area in and around the South Hams and have many fond memories of riding Mortohampstead Club and Otter vale trials back in the early seventies. Beautiful countryside and so much more convivial than living here in "the Bronx" or Illsun as the locals call it, well the ones that can muster more than a grunt that is.

Will also keep Bath in mind John. Can always put a bike rack on the back of the Camper van and make a weekend of it :rolleyes:

You would be most welcome,the club recently secured another venue for us to use and I'm working on a couple of other possibilities too.Its a friendly club,with the main idea being a good fun day out with nothing too silly.

If you dont mind the M5 bit dont forget the Golden Valley club too,another really good outfit with some fantastic places to ride.