100 Miles East Of El Paso, Texas

ringo

Hey Cope or any others in the area,

I have a very good friend who left CA yesterday to tow a trailer and car out to Florida. I woke up this morning to see his distressed email wherein his truck caught fire about 100 miles east of El Paso. He got the fire out, tried to call AAA but had no Cell service, no one stopped for four hours until another rig pulls up ON FIRE! The owner of the rig lives 30 miles away from there so I'm hoping they got to his place. I'm trying to get in touch with him now.

If any of you are in the area or can offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. My friend was very down on life before the trip and he's heading out to the east coast for some temporary work. If anything, your prayers are welcomed.

You can reach me at 909 580-0205

Thanks all

Johnny

I just spoke with him and he's in a motel in El Paso. Finallly got a tow. Now he just has to locate a wiring harness for his 20 year old Dodge Diesel and wait......

Cope, I just realized your in Dallas so I wont expect you to ride your trials bike over there to have a beer with him.

Edited by ringo

I just spoke with him and he's in a motel in El Paso. Finallly got a tow. Now he just has to locate a wiring harness for his 20 year old Dodge Diesel and wait......

Cope, I just realized your in Dallas so I wont expect you to ride your trials bike over there to have a beer with him.

That would be about 650 miles from here. You may actually be closer!

You're right, I think he's about 600 from here.

UPDATE:

It looks like the insurance company is going to total the truck so now he'll have to buy a truck to continue on. Great time to sell a truck if anyone in the area has one.