Week 173 - Call That A Rant? No Way

Andy

I have to agree with Mike on what he says in this weeks column.

I personally don't see any problem in someone making a living out of the sport of trials, it's not what I do, but with all sports there are professionals involved, its as simple as that!

I have returned today from the Highland Classic 2 Day event that my local club put on near Aviemore, everyone enjoyed themselves as did Peter Salt; Mick Wilkinson; John Tye and also Carlos Casas who, with 11 more of his countrymen made a long trip from Spain to the Scottish Highlands to ride at a great venue. Our club and its volunteers would not even consider the possibility of making money from such an event but that doesn't imply that other higher level events have to be run purely for the fun alone. Its a different league!

Big John

I guess everyone has there own reasons for going/not going - Supporting/not supporting - paying admission/not paying admission - travelling from hours/not travelling for hours - seeing dougie/not seeing dougie.

The promotion of this event has been phenominal, jake miller has/is great for this sport and the venue is no doubt spectacular. All the hype, the speculation, who's gonna win etc will be decided on the day and whether your there or not to witness this is your decision.

Bottom line, the success of this event in terms of viability and not quality of event is made by the british paying public.

Wishing it all the success to all involved.