1976 Tl125 Airbox

bunyan

hi. ive just posted this on the newbie section, so i thought it would be better on here. i want to keep my original airbox but the carb rubber is perished and no longer available. would it be ok if i welded a short piece of round tube to the airbox and used some flexi pipe to the carb? does it have to get gradually bigger to match the oblong cutout in the box or doesnt it matter? ta!

Hi if you have the air box with the large side fitting , you can still get these from ebay I think Taiwan. I know it sounds a bit dodgy but Ihave bought them for both of my TLs and they are fine, they are listed as CB carb rubbers but fit ok and are very flexible, I have also bought brand new petcocks and carbs and they work fine and are cheap even when you add the postage on.

Hope this is of some use.

TLTEL

unfortunately, mine is the 76 model which just goes from the carb to the airbox front face. its exactly the same as the old cb125s (sometimes called cb125j) so they do turn up at the breakers occasionally. incidentally, i buy quite a few spares from the states as the xchange rate is very good at the mo. i have currently on order the rear brake pedal assembly and a petrol tank cap. i also got new original tank mounting rubber for the tank rear, and a genuine mudflap for the front guard. cheap!