Ty175 Rear Silencer

76ty175

I am in the middle of rebuilding a TY175, and the stock rear silencer is missing. Would like to replace the stock system with a WES, but to ride on public land I need a US approved spark arrester. So unless someone can give me an option I am in need of a stock silencer. If any one has one they want to get rid of PM me. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have some advice, America has too many bloody rules and they all seem to filter over to the UK, just stick a number on the WES exhaust and tell the guy at the test station its fine. You Yanks got no balls just lately!

I have to wonder if the stock vintage silencers are even legal these days. From what I am told the forrest cops have a wire that they put in the silencer and if it can go straight through it's not legal. The stock ones on my Yams are wide open but still carry the U.S forrest service approved stamp.

I have some advice, America has too many bloody rules and they all seem to filter over to the UK, just stick a number on the WES exhaust and tell the guy at the test station its fine. You Yanks got no balls just lately!

Well this idea is not that bad,try to get a wes silencer,go to a jewlery shop or to sombodey who makes aftermarket keys and let them ingrave the original Yamaha Numbers.I have done that on BMW when i put a Krauser engine in and i needed the US Silencers.I also did it in 1986 on my Yamaha 900 seca(XJ)with a yoshimura 4-1 exhaust.It had a road leagle Termingioni in the papers.No trouble at the MOT.The guy at the MOt at that time only says:Hm,nice slim exhaust.

Chrs:Mike

Contact B&J Racing , I'm pretty sure they have or can get approved spark arresters for the Wes systems , Different end cap I think ...

Bob rides Nationals on his Beutiful Majesty and I think the rules say it has to have a approved system ...

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv