Van Insurance?

marky g

Getting shot of my Discovery soon to buy a van (road salt etc just killing the bike on the rack :wall: )

Would really like a Transit but I was told getting it insured is a real pain, insurance company are saying commercial insurance only (lots of

Edited by Marky G

Try NFU Mutual Insurance.

They have agents in all local towns nationwide.

They will insure vans on a private car policy and used for domestic use only (like us as private users, not commercial users).

I have my Toyota Powervan insured with them.

They give good discounts and all is handled by the local agent, so you get face to face service.

Also if the insured van (or a car) is less than 2 years old (from date of first registration) they do a 'new for old' replacement, if it's written off as a total loss.

Therefore write off a 22 month old vehicle and you get a brand new 54/05 plate model of similar type & spec.............not many insurers do that!!

Edited by Johnnyboxer

I've just bought an LDV Cub and had quite a bit of trouble getting reasonably priced insurance. No-one seems to want to insure a commercial vehicle for private use. Norwich Union (of all people) eventually came up with a quote of

Edited by neonsurge