Ty Mono Cuts Out

oldoffroader

my mono keeps dying, seems like fuel starvation, after a bit of bouncing(not that i do that sort of riding) but it creates the problem it just dies, kick it over and off it goes again, just replaced float valve which everything pointed to, but still have problem any ideas gratefully accepted

my mono keeps dying, seems like fuel starvation, after a bit of bouncing(not that i do that sort of riding) but it creates the problem it just dies, kick it over and off it goes again, just replaced float valve which everything pointed to, but still have problem any ideas gratefully accepted

Are you running a TK or Mikuni carb?

Jon

TK

I'd make sure the filters up inside the tank are clean (on top of the petcock) and it

flows sufficient fuel (sometimes the rubber disk in the valve deteriorates). As you replaced the

float valve I'm assuming you checked the float level so that should be o.k. Check the fuel tank cap

vent to be sure it allows air into the tank properly. Sometimes a new, properly gapped plug will

help.

Have you adjusted the carb screw for any changing weather conditions lately? The mixture screw

needs to be checked now and then as the weather changes.

Jon

TK

I'd make sure the filters up inside the tank are clean (on top of the petcock) and it

flows sufficient fuel (sometimes the rubber disk in the valve deteriorates). As you replaced the

float valve I'm assuming you checked the float level so that should be o.k. Check the fuel tank cap

vent to be sure it allows air into the tank properly. Sometimes a new, properly gapped plug will

help.

Have you adjusted the carb screw for any changing weather conditions lately? The mixture screw

needs to be checked now and then as the weather changes.

Jon