Sectioned, (i Should Be)

charlie prescott

Hi Guy's

There are now some photographs of the boys riding a couple of the sections that Mick set out for the Classic Trials Show , Just click on the Advert and take a look.

Why not enter, or just come along, as the emphasis for the week end is to have FUN and to meet your trials Heroes of the past.

Pat Slinn has just sent me pictures of his now rebuilt to 1964 specification BSA C15 trials bike (the one that set the trend) and one of the "Star" bikes at the show. (absolutely stunning) Pat will be there to give us details about the bike, and about his interesting time working at BSA in the comp shop, and the developments that came out of it. along with his rides in the ISDT's

Regards Charlie.

Hey Charlie

Couldn't resist a quick response when you put an article in like this and mention a few of the old names, brings goose bumps up the back of my neck !

I was over there in the snow last Christmas and caught up with a few of the old riding crowd and also bought a new helmet (yes we wear them over here) from Alan Wright.

Pat Slinn was one of several brothers in the Midland centre riding C15's in the 60's & 70's, there was Pat and Mike Slinn also Ross and Mike Winwood, me and brother Mike Galpin plus we always had the oldies around including Reg Slinn, Eric Galpin, Bill Coleman, Tom & Shirley Leighfield and many more great guys riding from Sutton Town MCC such as Bunny Ward, John Richardson, sadly many of the afore mentioned passed away. Oooooooops JR's still around thankfully.

As for setting sections, I have been out all day today (Sunday 1st Aug ) setting sections for my club over here in temperatures of 27 degrees C (its Winter) !! for an open trial we have next weekend where we will have an entry of around 80 riders on a closed circuit, 15 sections and 3 laps. I stepped on a 10' python which was thicker than my arm and helped dig a 4' pit for our crapper,,,,, what would I give to attend your Classic trials show.

Anyone want to drop me a line sometime my private email is twinshock@aapt.net.au, would love to hear from you

Cheers

Roger Galpin