Throttle Twisting?

I'm having an issue getting enough power to get up some bigger obstacles. I can lift the wheel to the obstacle but then struggle to twist the throttle enough to get a big burst to launch up. Lifting the wheel 3 feet or so causes the bike to rotate up which requires the wrist to rotate down just to maintain the same throttle opening. I think that is what makes it hard to get that second bigger burst. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to "over grip" the throttle prior to big obstacles to allow some more twist?

The bike is a Sherco 2.9 so does have adequate power. I have retarded the timing and run the slow throttle because the softer response helps in every other situation. I have seen others do much more on a 125 so I'm sure this is an operator problem. Any ideas?

I do think the slow throttle does have some disadvantage when you need a big handfull of throttle, and Now!

Each rider is different, and has to set things to taste. Yes, you can take a bit more agressive position and grab more throttle. Your clutch applies the power, so you can cut it at any time!.

A number of years ago, I took an ali throttle tube and modded the cable ramp so it started off as a slow throttle, yet still kicked in well when you needed it. There is a company that makes and sells these now, cannot recall the name, but they are sweet looking.

FWIW, I have just come to runing the fast tube on a slower bike(timing back a bit), but mostly I got better at using the clutch over time so less of an issue. All said, I still like a 2.5, yet do not have one, just adjust.

^_^

Thanks - I'll check out those throttle tubes.

Chewy - Do you have any advice on growing those quick action legs. They are definitely part of the equation.

Unfortunately, I also lack a quick action brain. Do any shops in the UK carry brain upgrade kits?