Scorpa Easy Parts 1997

anth

i have just bought a scorpa easy of ebay,main reason is to keep my hand in with the bikes,as last year i had a fair old accident road racng at evington,racing days are gone but tinkering days still continue,any way saw this scorpa easy on ebay 1997,that needed some work,well the description said that the kickstart shaft was broken and the rear mud guard was broken and apart from that it was in decent condition,

Well took the engine out to to the kickstart shaft as i took the engine out i had to take the exhaust off,looked inside the exhaust port and saw the piston is all scored,so took the barrel offf and either side of the exhaust port it is picked up a little,great !!

both fork seals are knackered,the front disc has massive float on the bobbins,the tyres are cracked,the barrel may need a rebore and new piston,new kickstart shaft,new kickstart,the big end feels a litte worn but may be ok,the rear brake needs overhauling,the engine temp sender is bypassed for some reason,but apart from that its not to bad !!! i didnt pay a lot for it but its going to cost a fair but to put it right,i know its entirely my fault i shouldve looked at the bike before i bought it,but you know what ebay is like you think your getting bargain,when actually its probably not (i should know better)

i asked the seller if he had got a price of the rotax man for the new kickstart shaft and he said it was

im not 100% but i think a Techno kick start may fit, had one go on a 97 easy. >REAR GUARD< Bobbins I think are also similar to early 315's or late Techno's, im 99.9% sure that the SY2T temp sender fits. The piston kit from Peter knight and re-nicosil will be the killer i wouldnt expect much change from