What Frame Is This ?

steve

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what frame this is?

I know the forks are Greeves and the back wheel looks Greeves aswell. The frame is advertised as Sprite but looks nothing like any Sprite pictures I have found.

I need to make a decision tonight if I want to buy it !

20_1_b.jpe

It does look like a later Sprite trials frame even though it appears to be in scrambles guise. Parrallel down tubes, the tube under the top frame tube to the headstock, swingingarm all appear genuine Sprite, even the engine/sump guard. They used to offer leading link or telescopic forks, down to the customer I think.

Picture of a Sprite trials

post-14-1106863076.jpg

I agree, that does look like the one you have posted. The Sprite's I have seen had extra tubing between the top tube by the seat down to the swinging arm pivot area.

I don't think it would qualify for pre 65 then would it? i.e Scottish pre 65.

I think the frames with the extra tube you mention are the earlier ones. The bike in the picture, which I bought last year, is about a '68 I think but the person that owned it before the person I bought it off did ride it in the Scottish Pre65 apparently. He was a dealer from Newcastle Upon Tyne way but can't remember the name. Can't verify if this is true or not but there is a blob of paint on it similar to the scrutineering marks they use in the SSDT. No idea whether they do that in the 2 day though, as I've never been successful in getting an entry (not with the Sprite - 500 Enfield)

Wouldn't like to ride this Sprite in the 2 day anyway as it is. It's about as competitive as my Bandit 1200......