Middlesbrough & Dmc 2 Day Charity Trial

wri5hty

Middlesbrough dmc will be hosting a 2 day trial on September the 4th & 5th.

Venue. wood head farm fry up. YO21 2AR

It will be run with 3 route section for experts, intermediates, clubman A/B, youth A/B/C.

Saturday 3 laps 10 sections 1:30pm start. Sunday 3 laps 12 section 11:00am start.

you can enter 1 day or 2.

Edited by wri5hty

If camping is not your thing here is a few B&Bs in the area.

Ainthorpe farm house 01287 660358

Downe arms inn castleton 01287 660223 ( parking may be a issue here )

Eskdale inn castleton 01287 660333

Duke of wellington Danby 01287 660351

alternatively guisborough is only a 25 min drive from the trial and has plenty more hotels,guest houses, B&Bs. good few pubs for a night on the lash.

Should be a good do - hoping on finer weather than last year - it's a good cause as well.

Hoping to include some new sections, both in the wood & out on the hill-side, so give a longer lap each day.

The 2 way traffic issue is also sorted (for those who rode last year) - only part now will be going through 2 gates.

If anyone can observe - your help would be appreciated.

See you next weekend - hopefully for both days....................................

No hoping about it anymore mate. 12 totally different sections from last year found, the rest are just in the same area as last year but a lot different.

we have also avoided the parts that cut up last year proving difficult too ride. ( those that rode will know where i mean )

I rode the Sunday route yesterday ( with a big smile on my face ) its a good trek round.

Just about to leave - to help wrighty with the last chopping out & stick some flags in NEW holes - then off for a pint or 2, or 3 or 4........

Somehow it did not not make into the regs in TMX - i can assure you the trial is ON ( 'Dicko' did put in a good article in Trials torque - & it should be a good un). Even mother nature may be kind this year - fingers crossed!

If anyone drops myself or Paul a call - we may take a while to pick it up as the signal is patchy up there to say the least - but we will return it once we get it.

Anyway thats enough of me droning on - see you up there.............

Dont worry about it mate im always last in my class. bloody marvelous place to ride a bike that though. are you coming back next year? it will be even better.

glad you enjoyed it, we try our best.

Edited by wri5hty

The middlesbrough & dmc 2 day results. Two_Day.pdf

I would like to thank all the observers & all the lads who helped to prepare and run the trial, a lot of work goes into this trial and you all did a great job.

A huge thank you to our sponsor David Clark m/cs for the box load of prizes and your good lady for the observers goodie bags they went down a treat. your continued generosity is greatly appreciated.

cheers to Graham Charlton's m/cs for the donation of raffle prizes. top man.

Thank you too the farmers who again gave their land fees back to the air ambulance collection. :D I don't know the final total yet but will update when i do.

Finally too all the riders who turned out for what was a cracking weekend, great weather, fantastic venue & loads of friendly banter. enjoyed it immensely. It was especially nice to hear the traveling contingent from Derbyshire & Lincoln enjoyed it and promised to return next year with more in tow. we must be getting something right. B)

Great weekend and i hope too see you all again next year. for what will be a bigger and better 2 day ( we ain't scratched the surface of that place yet )

Thanks everyone. Paul

PS video footage coming soon. ( when i get time )