Suspension Upgrades

rossi

I read this the other day. It has some interesting info about available upgrades that can be made to the bikes on Page 5.

2 days later my lad decided to ride off the edge of a large hump, coming down the steap side rather than the gentle slope he had ridden up. Despite me shouting BRAKES he went into a stone wall and managed to shorten the wheelbase by about an inch - oops! Fortunately no damage to son or bike apart from the forks.

I called up osetbikes.co.uk and we discussed the options. 2 days later I got home from work to find a parcel in the garage (the joys of living out in the sticks) containing a set of the RST upgrade forks and a 600lb spring to replace the stock 950lb spring in the rear shock. Care (a hammer and screwdriver) was needed to remove the bottom bearing seat from the old forks to transfer across but otherwise the procedure was pretty straightforward.

First ride out today and I would say it is a big improvement at both ends - both wheels looked to ride over bumps better with the suspension absorbing the impact (previously the whole bike seemed to bounce off) and traction on rough surfaces looks to have improved. The other advantage is a much tighter steering lock. I don't know whether I could justify