What Gear?

Ive been out on my bike today, and had some great fun :thumbup: (Wish Id bought a trials years ago!)

Now I have a few questions:

When changing gear do you use the clutch? (to many years of motocross)

Most of the things Ive tried have been in second & Third gear is this ok or should I make use of the other gears?

i use the clutch to change gear and on-off-slip the clutch through most sections. next time your out practicing, set out a section and try doing it in each gear and which ever one feels easist to you then that is the right to use, this will give you an idea of which gear to use on similar sections.

hope this helps

Edited by 2LLS

yeah use the clutch, it seems stupid not to, your not trying to shave milliseconds off a lap time. your travelling at like a couple of mph.

you want to use 1 and 2 for most stuff such as tights turns and over rocky stuff. 1st is usually better as 2nd can some time make the bike pull away bit to quick if your not carefully and loose your balance and composure on rocks. if your going for big step ups, up rocks then its 2nd or 3rd. on my sherco 3rd is better for this than 2nd but all bikes are geared different. 3rd and 4th are what you want to use for hill climbs, may be 2nd for banks and small climbs.

• 2 weeks later...