CRTC rnds 5&6 Scipio ok, oct 23&24

sting32

Well, I thought I would remind you all, hoped the club's people would, but I did it now.

http://www.octobertest.com/ Note they state you better bring extra gas!

PS leave early, you know how crappy the roads are in Oklahoma! :P

Ha! All you advanced riders whined about the 7 mile loop that was mostly dirt road last

year so we're gonna run you through the Enchanted Forest this year......:)

We're checking the loop mileage so you may not have to carry extra fuel but maybe just fill

up each loop. The morning riders will have a short loop like we run for our club Trials.

Check the Octobertest.com website for updates.

See you guys next weekend.

Jon

ps. Our roads were designed by Trials riding Engineers and you should consider them good pre-event

practice for the uphill rocky creekbeds we have at Scipio.........

O.k.,

Just got back from Scipio and rode the loops. Just fill up each loop (the loop runs right by the pits) and you shouldn't have any problems.

Bring light rain gear as there is a chance of showers now and then but this should keep the dust down and make the creek sections fun. The weather was perfect today and should be nice, cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoon.

I personally dusted off each and every rock in the creek sections just for you.....

Jon

O.k.,

Just got back from Scipio and rode the loops. Just fill up each loop (the loop runs right by the pits) and you shouldn't have any problems.

Bring light rain gear as there is a chance of showers now and then but this should keep the dust down and make the creek sections fun. The weather was perfect today and should be nice, cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoon.

I personally dusted off each and every rock in the creek sections just for you.....

Jon

O.k., o.k., I was wrong about the "light" rain gear and it should have been monsoon wear. We had a real downpour for a short time and light rain on and off most of the afternoon for the Advanced riders. The sections held up nicely (it actually developed them into "proper English sections") but part of the loop to sections 5 and 6 was rough so we'll modify the loop for tomorrow and maybe make a couple of new sections if necessary. Since we've been using the park for a couple of years now, we've set up a lot of sections that are easy to set up and are well proven.

A good turnout of riders from the Central Regional Trials Series states (Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas) and other states too.We expect a little rain tomorrow but if at all, it should be light so it should be perfect Trials weather. Scipio off-road motorcycle park is over 1700 acres and has lots of creeks, logs, rocks, sandy slopes and the whole park has connecting trails used for Enduro and Cross Country races to make all the good Trials areas easy to get to.

Well, off to get a couple of hours sleep and then back into the fun again!

Jon

Stopped by the trials today with Mike McCabe, excellent weather and got to visit with a lot of friends. Those who left because of a few rain drops missed a great day of riding ! Time to sleep it's been a long weekend.

Great talking with you and Mike today and thanks for attending the NATC meeting in Dallas for us. You did a good job of staying awake at the Trial in spite of getting very little sleep this weekend.

The weather was wonderful today, perfect for riding Trials. Probably the coolest ride I saw all weekend was when Scott Carpenter (Master class rider from the MATT club in Missouri) lost a footpeg just before entering our section at Shack Falls and rode with one peg in a section that was tough with two good pegs and cleaned it. I was impressed!

Get some rest, Ron.

Jon