Sherpa 159 Gearbox problems?

penno350

Having a very enjoyable ride out at a local twinshock event yesterday, cut short by some horrible clanging and banging from the engine at the end of Lap 3.

Symptoms so far kickstart is solid but I've taken off the clutch cover and that will all spin including crankshaft but if I select a gear the back wheel is solid.

Assume it must be a gearbox problem.

Having a very enjoyable ride out at a local twinshock event yesterday, cut short by some horrible clanging and banging from the engine at the end of Lap 3.

Symptoms so far kickstart is solid but I've taken off the clutch cover and that will all spin including crankshaft but if I select a gear the back wheel is solid.

Assume it must be a gearbox problem.

Totally wrong, took the top end off and one of the gudgeon pin thrust washers has given up the ghost and been eaten! At first glance the piston and bore look ok.

Totally wrong, took the top end off and one of the gudgeon pin thrust washers has given up the ghost and been eaten! At first glance the piston and bore look ok.

I would pull the engine apart and check the box , going off your first post ,i doubt the missing thrust washer would give these symptoms ....Good luck