National dates

barfy

Thanks for the link.

I was most interested in the Traditional series. I'm going on a course in February or March and wanted plan it so that I could do the Lancs and Bootle weekend.

It's a shame that they've got three Traditional trials over two consecutive weekends again, especially the Bembrose and Lancs/Bootle. They

All the dates have been distributed to the secretaries of clubs who have been successful in securing rounds.

For your info, the traditional series is: Feb 6 - Phil King; March 12 - Lancs County; March 13 - Bootle; March 20 - Bemrose; May 22 - Mansfield Maun; June 26 - Torridge; August 7 - Westmorland; September 11 - Sutton Falcons; October 2 - Otter Vale; October 30 - Hillsborough.

:angry: Well thats next year ruined then, Cannot do two weekends consectutive up north for the Traditional series, got to be 1000 miles plus one overnight to do both weekends. Edited by jordi

Agree Jordi. I'll be the same for me. About 1200 miles with overnight stops over 2 consecutive weekends. I just won't be able to afford that at the moment.

I haven't done the whole series for the past two because of events on consecutive weekend above Birmingham. I did travel with my mate who did the whole series to save some cost.

However it's better than last year for the lads south of the midlands.

Guys - I take your point about round too close together - I assume you are talking about Bemrose and Lancs County and Bootle

Everyone tells us the latter is an excellent weekend - so that explains that one

I am sure the Bemrose is too - and I think that is the date they need ( if I am wrong on this - please send more suitable one asap to Alison at ACU and we will try to change)

HOWEVER - I am not sure that if any rider cannot go to either round - or any other for that matter - the drop two rounds criteria should certainly not mean that the year is a waste?

With cost of travel and fuel etc we are more than aware of problem - and that is main reason we keep the drop two rounds bit. Finally I can say that since my first days involved with ACU - for both Trials and Enduro trying to arrange 2011 has been the most difficult by a mile - and we accept it is not perfect by a long way - but we can only work with the applications we have - and believe me - several were very late - and often there is just no alternative dates available to the Clubs for all sort of reasons

This year was Cornwall back to back with the Lancs and Bootle, so wouldn't think travel there is too different to the Bemrose cost wise. Bemrose I imagine is constrained by local farming / lambing etc.

Losing the devon double header for the Normandales is unfortunate, as that makes it a good value weekend too.

Has the Westmoreland Kefty Watson event been used before in the series ? (quite new, and not heard of it)