Mr Honda's Iron Fist

neonsurge

Has anyone else noticed that in post-event interviews and press releases, all of the HRC-Montesa riders are almost literally falling over themselves to state that their relatively poor results are emphatically NOT the bike's fault. From the Barcelona press release (there are many other examples - check the FP news):

Dougie: "...I made too many mistakes and have again been left out of the final. It's disappointing, of course, but we are all aware of being involved in a very interesting technical project, and that apart from requiring constant work, we run the risk that the result could eclipse our efforts."

Freixa: "...We all generally made the same sort of mistakes, as a result, I stress, of the type of obstacles."

Someone's got those boys on a short leash!

Common sense really. If you were getting free bikes and making a living out of a manufacturer, you wouldn't say "sh*t bike". Unless of course you fancied a change  :ph34r:

Completely agree. What I think is funny is the way that Dougie, Friexa and Fujigas feel the need to emphasise the fact that it's not the bike's fault. F1 drivers and the like tend to say "we had some bad luck" or "I made a mistake" whereas the HRC boys are like "we had some bad luck... but it wasn't the bike!" and "it wasn't the bike, it was the sections!" I just think it's funny and incongruous PR-speak, that's all :D