New Oset 12.5 question?

As said in previous post just got little boy brand new 12.5, came in box and just had to attatch handlebars and adjust brakes, the question I have is the chain seems quite tight as the bike doesnt free wheel without some resistance from the chain, its not been used yet as its for xmas its just sat in bedroom, just seems strange when i push it to move it forwards or backwards almost feels bit knotchy.

is this normal when new?

As said in previous post just got little boy brand new 12.5, came in box and just had to attatch handlebars and adjust brakes, the question I have is the chain seems quite tight as the bike doesnt free wheel without some resistance from the chain, its not been used yet as its for xmas its just sat in bedroom, just seems strange when i push it to move it forwards or backwards almost feels bit knotchy.

is this normal when new?

Yes that's normal, they don't free wheel like a normal bike in neutral. It should free up a bit, once it's been used. Try and avoid pushing them backwards, I'm not sure it does the motor any good.