Bultaco Blue

cunpr

Dear All,

This is more of an information call than a question. I searched the archive for posts on what RAL number Bultaco Blue is prior to powder coating my frame. I couldn't find any threads with the answer. Dave Rentham described it as Ford Electric Blue but I couldn't find a RAL number for that either. So for what its worth the coater and I agreed to spray it RAL 5015 which is the nearest blue we could see to it on the day.

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Paul Cundy

• Like 1

Dear All,

This is more of an information call than a question. I searched the archive for posts on what RAL number Bultaco Blue is prior to powder coating my frame. I couldn't find any threads with the answer. Dave Rentham described it as Ford Electric Blue but I couldn't find a RAL number for that either. So for what its worth the coater and I agreed to spray it RAL 5015 which is the nearest blue we could see to it on the day.

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Paul Cundy

Hi Paul,

RAL5015 code is actually the Sky Blue that was used on Bultaco 340 (Model 199B) front fork sliders, yolks & side panels.

I don't know what the Ford Electric Blue RAL code is, but there must be a code for it...somewhere!

Big John

Hi Paul,

RAL5015 code is actually the Sky Blue that was used on Bultaco 340 (Model 199B) front fork sliders, yolks & side panels.

I don't know what the Ford Electric Blue RAL code is, but there must be a code for it...somewhere!

Big John

Dear John,

Well that seals it. I have a Sherpa 340 199B as well as my Frontera and the "blues" are the same. Job done, forget "Ford electric blue" and just use RAL 5015.

Regards

Paul C

Dear John,

Well that seals it. I have a Sherpa 340 199B as well as my Frontera and the "blues" are the same. Job done, forget "Ford electric blue" and just use RAL 5015.

Regards

Paul C

Ford Electric Blue is a close match for the 199A frame!

Big John

Ford Electric Blue is a close match for the 199A frame!

Big John

Yep, able to do a side by side and RAL 5015 is just a shade slightly lighter than the blue on my Sherpa 340 which I believe to be original. So for me Bultaco Blue is RAL 5015.

Regards

Paul C

I can't give you the RAL number, but Bultaco blue is PPG Grabber Blue, paint code DBU (Deltron Base Color)2230. Same paint color (Grabber Blue) used on the 1970 Ford Mustang.

Edited by nh014