bultaco 350

bondy

hi everyone im new on hear i had a bultaco many years ago when i was at shcool and ever since ive wanted anougher one so ive just got meself a sherpa 350 befor i stript it down it was runing ok started first kick now ive put it back together it wont start checked the usual plug got spark i dont think fuel is geting throw i took the plug out and it was dry can anybody help me please :blush::blush:

hi everyone im new on hear i had a bultaco many years ago when i was at shcool and ever since ive wanted anougher one so ive just got meself a sherpa 350 befor i stript it down it was runing ok started first kick now ive put it back together it wont start checked the usual plug got spark i dont think fuel is geting throw i took the plug out and it was dry can anybody help me please :blush::blush:

The best question you can ask is: What did I do to the bike or motor, in particular what was the last thing you tampered with?

I would look for the obvious things first...check there is a spark first of all, has the bike been sitting for a while?

Don't start tampering with the carb, unless you have eliminated other things first expecially if you haven't touched it during the rebuild.

Big John

The best question you can ask is: What did I do to the bike or motor, in particular what was the last thing you tampered with?

I would look for the obvious things first...check there is a spark first of all, has the bike been sitting for a while?

Don't start tampering with the carb, unless you have eliminated other things first expecially if you haven't touched it during the rebuild.

Big John

thanks for the advice BJ i havant touched anything there is a spark ive not really had a good mess with it im waiting to a get my wheels im gonner have to new wheels biult alot off cash i know but ive spent quit a few bob on it so might awell go the old hog unless anybody has a good set for sale? :banana2:

thanks for the advice BJ i havant touched anything there is a spark ive not really had a good mess with it im waiting to a get my wheels im gonner have to new wheels biult alot off cash i know but ive spent quit a few bob on it so might awell go the old hog unless anybody has a good set for sale? :banana2:

Is it a really big fat blue spark

Pilot jet. Every single time I've had one of the bikes refuse to start I clean the pilot jet and it starts right up. Seems to gum quickly when it's been allowed to sit.

tanks for yor addvice ill try and clean it whats the best way to clean the jets? a did buy a brand new bing carb from spain would i be beter useing that one ive had it on once and when it wouidnt start a thought it might be with it being new would the new carb allready set up or will it need ajusting? <_<

hi no its not a big fat blue spark its verry light blue spark and fine you have to look really close to see it do you think that might be the problem? ive put a new spark plug in a dont understand why it wont start i havant tamperd about with anything it started up first time before a rebiult it a think it may be the fuel not geting throw ive took plug out affter trying to start it and its dry ive evan put fuel direct down the head still not having any but at one point i do think it did try to fire up dosant help not having any wheels on the bike makes it hard to kick start ive just orderd a proper stand for it its sitting on a old stool at the momant thanks for your addvie ill keep evrey one posted :icon_salut:

bultos have a big fat blue spark if earthed correctltly. might be it

Bypass the carb and spray either a "small" bit of starting fluid directly into the carb with the slide up. Or use a squeeze bottle with the gas/oil mix.

I would say that a good bit of your problem is not being able to get a good kick with the bike on a stool.

Alan

Bypass the carb and spray either a "small" bit of starting fluid directly into the carb with the slide up. Or use a squeeze bottle with the gas/oil mix.

I would say that a good bit of your problem is not being able to get a good kick with the bike on a stool.

Alan

thanks alan i dont think its earthed proper i had it resprayd i did sand it down but on the wrong side think i need to sand the other side down to the metal the side were the coil touches the frame ill have a play with it at the weekend thanks all for your response ill keep you posted

• 4 weeks later...

Big John

hi bj i got my bully started today ive put new coil on he fired up affer a few kicks got some wheels off ebay be affter chrimbo befor i get them but im just smilling for now cheers for your help :thumbup: